Thursday, March 8, 2012

Be Delicious with Rocker Rachel May

Rock royal Rachel May is busy working on a debut EP with her new band, The Difficulties, but she doesn't find it hard at all to talk about scent. The renowned rock critic for the Detroit Free Press is revered for her all-girl punk band Broadzilla, as well as her mad skills with an axe. Here, the guitarist, singer and writer talks about her favorite fragrance.

What is your favorite scent that can be captured "in a bottle?"

I have two.

The first one would be New West by Aramis. I have loved this scent since it was introduced in 1990 but over the last few years, I've only been able to find it online. It's become my special occasion scent, since I'm always worried that the bottle I have may be the last one I'll find.

The second would be DKNY's Be Delicious. It's a satisfying alternative to New West and is my go-to scent for daily use.


What do they evoke for you?

Both of these scents are very refreshing and clean and combine fruits and exotic florals with sensual elements. They can instantly transport you to a tropical island.


What is your favorite smell that can't be captured in a bottle and why?

I love the comforting smell of Indian food, a freshly peeled orange and the smell of fresh cut grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment