Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Style Icon Linda Dresner Embraces "Dans Tes Bras"

Fashion icon Linda Dresner is known as much for discovering avant garde designers as for the bandana that tames her wild curls. Here, she shares a treasured scent:

Frederic Malle, Dans Tes Bras.

"I've been wearing this scent for about four years. I probably read about the designer in a magazine first of all, and in Paris I went to his little store because I happened to pass by. I went in and sprayed it, and I've been wearing it ever since."

Frederic Malle refers to himself as "an editor of perfumes." He publishes independent olfactory creations by legendary perfumers as "Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle." 

Dan Tes Bras was created by Maurice Roucel, a self-taught perfumer who began his career as a chemist at Chanel's Fragrance Laboratory in 1973. The fragrance is described as a "deep and lasting odor of warm skin, with all its salty hints and rich overtones." It contains cashmeran, sandalwood, musk and patchouli, reinforced with salicylates and incense, softened with heliotrope, and colored with a violet accord. (50 ml. spray, $165).

To read more about Linda Dresner's influential career in fashion, read my article in Birmingham Magazine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment