Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cognac Heir Kilian Hennessy's Insight on Scent

"In a Bottle" caught up with Kilian Hennesy at Saks Fifth Avenue, Somerset Collection today. The French cognac heir and grandson of the founder of Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy, spoke with us about his 10-scent "L'Oeuvre Noire" collection, and why he can't pick a favorite fragrance when virtually anything can be captured "in a bottle."

What is your favorite fragrance?

I don't have one because I consider perfume as a luxury and I use the collection as a wardrobe of scents according to the way I'm dressed, according to the weather, according to my mood. I pick a perfume to go with the day. I pick perfume last, once I'm dressed. It's like a tie. Today, it's beautiful weather, Bamboo Harmony will be great.

What does it evoke for you?

It's a perfume we created with the Japanese tale The Bamboo Cutter in mind. Imagine somebody having a sip of white tea in the heart of the bamboo forest.

What is your favorite scent that can't be captured "in a bottle"?

Anything can be captured in a bottle today. Anything you want. That opens the palette of perfume in a fantastic way.

1 comment:

  1. レイバンというブランドが子供たちまでわかるようになっていると言うのです。レイバン wayfarer半世紀前以上前に既に発売されていたのです。Ray Ban サングラスは女性がかけれるようなファッション的なサングラスをもっと、もっと取り揃えるようになります。

    ReplyDelete